Thursday, October 20, 2011

Recent meals

I've been cooking for myself for a couple months now and here's some of what I've made.

Tonight's dinner:

Pork chop with mustard sauce on spaghettini. This one went pretty well. The taste was a bit different than what I usually have, but still was quite good.





Past meals:

Salad I made last night, has lettuce, red onions, carrots and tomato with balsamic vinaigrette for dressing. I'm a bit of an idiot, so I didn't remember to run the onions under water when I was cutting them. The onions were so strong and totally killed me last night haha.





Asparagus with a lemon juice, salt, pepper, olive oil mixture and bacon paired with steamed white rice. I definitely should have left the bacon out, but it was about to go bad and I had to use it all for something...






I didn't make this, but it was sooo good. I think it's some sort of Vietnamese pudding.



Steak with onions and mushrooms in marsala sauce on steamed white rice. Definitely enjoyed this one. I originally started with chicken marsala and decided I'd rather not have chicken 4 times in a week so I got some steak instead.



Chicken with onions and mushrooms in marsala sauce on steamed white rice. The lighting isn't so good, but I did screw up a bit on the sauce for this one. I left it on the stove for a bit too long and evaporated a lot of it orz. I did learn my lesson and did it right for the steak though!











Instant noodles with an egg cracked into the soup with romaine lettuce and bacon.



Stirfry cabbage with egg and bacon with rice. I certainly learned something about cooking on my first try, as you might be able to tell from all the black parts in the first picture haha.







Hotdogs and fried egg. Nothing special, I did learn about the stove that day though... Dual element really cooks fast, burnt my eggs a bit.



Pasta with tomato sauce and sausage. Also a mixed salad with italian dressing and sausage.

No comments: